Photo by Andrey Arkusha / Shutterstock.com
This post comes from partner site WhistleOut.com.
Want in on the biggest secret in cellphone savings? Here it is. You can get a year — yes, a full twelve months — of free unlimited data service when you switch to and bring your eligible .
New customers will receive a year of free calls, texts and unlimited data — a savings of $50 a month (Sprint’s current cost for a line of unlimited data) or $600 a year. And when you compare Sprint’s deal against the major carriers’ unlimited data plans the difference in cost is impressive. (All prices below include an auto-pay discount.)
- Verizon Go Unlimited Plan: 1 line $75/month. Savings: $900/year
- AT&T Unlimited Data Plus Plan: 1 line $90/month. Savings $1,080/year
- T-Mobile ONE Unlimited Data Plan: 1 line $70/month. Savings $840/year
How Sprint’s FREE Unlimited data deal works
Anyone who switches to and brings his or her eligible smartphone, can get up to five free lines of unlimited data for a year. Keep your phone and number, all you have to do is purchase a new SIM card which costs $2.99 $10 shipping & handling fee. (Not sure how SIMs work? No worries, we’ve got an to help you out). Plus the $30 activation fee is waived. This offer is available for a limited time.
The finer print …
- The free year of service expires Oct. 31, 2018, when you’ll be charged $60 a month for the first line, $40 a month for the second line, and $30 a month for each additional line. (For a family of four, count on paying $160 a month.)
- You must own your phone in full and only eligible phones qualify for this offer (qualifying devices are listed below).
- Auto-pay enrollment is required.
- SIM card ($2.99) purchase is also required. (There’s a $10 shipping and handling fee if you order online.)
Sprint Unlimited Data Plan features
- Unlimited talk, text and data. After you have used 23GB of high-speed data in a month, speed can be temporarily slowed during times of high network traffic ().
- 10GB of high speed
- video streaming
- , which includes 2G data and text messaging in over 165 countries
These are the devices eligible for this offer:
- Alcatel IDOL5
- Apple iPhone 5c (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone 5s (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone 6
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPhone 6s
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus
- Apple iPhone 7 (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone 8 (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone SE
- BLU S1
- Essential Phone
- Google Nexus 5 (16 and 32 GB – black/white/red) (Verizon only)
- Google Nexus 5X (all versions)
- Google Nexus 6 (32 and 64 GB – black/white)
- Google Nexus 6P (all versions)
- Google Pixel
- Google Pixel XL
- HTC One A9 (Sprint Version only)
- moto e4
- moto e4
- moto g4
- moto g4 play
- moto g4
- moto g5
- moto g5s
- moto x pure edition
- moto z2 play
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Special Edition
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Special Edition
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Special Edition
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ Special Edition
You can also check directly on .
How much savings would lure you to switch from your current cellphone service provider? Share with us in comments below or on our .
More from WhistleOut.com:
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.