Photo by Andrey_Popov / Shutterstock.com
If the ability to work on your own schedule sounds attractive, consider getting a flexible-schedule job.
As the term implies, these gigs allow you to work on a flexible schedule. According to the job search site FlexJobs, this means you can vary your hours and control when you work.
FlexJobs recently identified the top 30 companies hiring for flexible-schedule positions.
This list is based on an analysis of more than 50,000 companies that posted openings for flexible-schedule jobs on FlexJobs between Jan. 1 and May 31.
The top 10 companies — along with brief descriptions of them — are:
- RetailData — collects competitive retail price data
- Afirm — provides risk evaluation and management services to insurance companies
- Appen — provides data used for machine learning and artificial intelligence
- CyraCom — provides language interpretation services to the health care industry
- Kelly Services — provides staffing services
- GreatAuPair — connects families with care providers
- EXP Realty — an online real estate brokerage
- Robert Half International — provides financial staffing services
- Pearson — provides products and services to educators and learners
- FlexProfessionals — provides flexible staffing services
For the full list of the top 30 companies, visit .
As the list illustrates, flexible-schedule jobs can be found in various industries. According to FlexJobs, they are also available to folks in various stages of their careers and include full- and part-time positions.
Flexible-schedule jobs are not the same as remote jobs, but some flexible-schedule jobs come with the added perk of being able to work remotely.
However, if the ability to work from home is more important to you than the ability to set your own hours, check out “Find Great Jobs With Companies That Want You to Work From Home.”
Have you ever worked a flexible-schedule job? Share your experience by commenting below or on .