Receipt Hog is a fun and easy way to turn your everyday receipts into real cash and rewards!
HOW IT WORKS:
1) Take pictures of your receipts from any store, restaurant or cafe...
2) Earn Receipt Hog rewards like coins, spins at the virtual slot machine, and sweepstakes prizes...
3) Cash out with PayPal or Amazon gift cards. Cha-ching!
Receipt Hog is an exclusive opportunity to join a diverse community of people who get paid for uploading pictures of their receipts for market research. We’ve had so many people join our panel of shoppers (we’ve already paid out over $2.5 million!) that spaces are now limited.
- Watch your Hog grow fatter as you feed him more receipts - a fatter Hog means a fatter payout for you!
- You'll love playing the Hog Slot machine where you can win extra coins, an instant $100, or even have your last shopping trip paid for.
- Earn more when you level up, win sweepstakes prizes, and complete short surveys!
- Enjoy a totally uncluttered wallet - Receipt Hog allows you to access a digital copy of your receipts in one secure place.
HERE'S WHAT OUR USERS ARE SAYING:
"Anything that pays you back for things you normally buy anyway is great in my book!"
"For those of you who want to be smart with your money, this app is for you.”
"This is a seriously bad a** app. Get paid for doing your normal shopping. What's not to love?"
"I've cashed out several times through PayPal. I love that you can save all of your digitized receipts for your personal record. Pretty cool if you ask me!"
A NOTE ON BATTERY:
We use real-time location technology to best serve users more earnings opportunities. But, as with all apps of this type, please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Request to join Receipt Hog today when you download the app!
- Fixed: An unfriendly crash that would prevent users from accessing the app successfully.
- Some under the hood improvements to keep your hog happy!
Ratings and Reviews
Easy and fun way to earn $
The bonus surveys are now hidden in the receipts tabs. You don't know you are eligible for a survey unless you click on individual receipts. A few times I have started the surveys and then not been able to complete them due to a glitch in the system. Disappointing, but I still enjoy the app! Almost perfect for what it's designed to do.
*Update 9/25. I was able to complete a survey today, but it was very frustrating. Receipt Hog should look into the bonus survey software...or it could be because I have an older phone.
Update 10/1. I've learned to check my completed receipts for bonus opportunities. When doing the surveys I've learned to swipe the screen to the left to move to the next question. Swipe to the right to go to the previous question. Hope this helps to relieve others frustration. Very happy hogger!
Update 1/22. Stick with it if you can. In the last four months I have been given the opportunity to complete dozens of surveys, one for 800 points. The only complaint I have is that you use to be able to see how many weeks you had to complete before leveling up. Now you just have to rely on the status bar...really not a big deal.
Update 4/4: I won 2000 coins on Hog Slots today. It really happens to real people. Shout out to Receipt Hog!
I've been using this app for a little while now. It has a few problems. For one, I frequent a certain gas station near my work and when I submit the receipts, sometimes I receive coins and sometimes I don't. Doesn't matter if the receipt is for gas, goods, or both. When I emailed the "customer service" they said that you don't receive coins for receipts where just gas is purchased.....yet I have. Another problem is when you submit a receipt, half the time the app denies it saying it's not a full receipt. That's because the receipts are read by a computer that I assume is an old Acer from the 90's. Since it seems to randomly choose what receipts to give you credit for, it takes a while to build up enough coins to receive rewards. I use better apps where I've received over $100 within the first few months. I have still yet to receive a reward ($45 through PayPal being the largest) on this one.
Why do you suddenly require my cell #?
Been using the app a few months, acquired 600pts.
I was fine with it until today I went to check how much I need to cash out, and you won't let me proceed until I provide my cell number so you can send me texts. I'm really not thrilled about giving my cell number to anyone, I don't want junk/spam texts.
If I don't see you get rid of this requirement, I'll just delete the app. I'm fine snapping receipts for a little extra cash, but not worth it to be spammed. Don't trust apps that want my cell number.
Update: 8/4/18 no problems with the app or giving out my number. I’ve redeemed $5 twice. An easy way to get a little extra cash. Fun app with the extra slot spins and cute pig.
- ScoutIt, Inc.
- 74.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Gambling and Contests
- Frequent/Intense Simulated Gambling
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © ScoutIt, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.